Reflect on your
earliest encounters with teaching. If you are drawn to teaching, when did
you first feel drawn to it? What was it that drew you? What within you was
evoked by teaching—its values, its methods, the way it names and frames
reality? What does the nature of teaching reveal about who you are? If you
aren’t, share a story about one of your favorite teachers. What do you
recall most vividly about that teacher? What was his / her relation to the
subject taught? What was the ethos of his/ her classroom?
Well, when i
began to teach I remembered all that my teachers told me, I prepared all my
classes, lesson plans, materials, and that was good but there was a day in
which I began to teach not only the subject, but also values, I remembered I teacher
that I had in elementary school and always tried to involved us to the real
life and think outside the box.
I remember that
change my life and she was the person from I really learn and since that moment
I thought I want to be a teacher.
That woman was
someone that made me feel interesting on English and when I see her in the university,
I remember her classes. She actually teaches in the university and I think she
does not remember me, but I remember her way of teaching, she always had something
new for us.
I remember when
she gave us a paragraph. She said: you have to read in your house and next
month you are going to read it to me; that paragraph was about I want to be a
pilot, I remember that story, she really make me think about my future.
She always went
from the basic to the complex and if we did not understand she explained once
and once.
She did not get
angry, she was patient, she always had her classes well prepared, she was punctual,
discipline and support a good atmosphere in the classroom trying not only being
the teacher but also being a friend and I think she was an important person in
my learning process. And even nowadays sometimes I remember her method and I apply it and I have seen progress in my students.
good story xiomara. well, I remember when I was in basic English was so difficult for me because I dont know anything about English, but I remember teacher Juanito and teacher Kristy they were really patient with me, and I learned a lot with them because I didnt feel afraid about them I got a lot of new information about English with them, and I feel comfortable learning with them.
ResponderEliminar