Write a personal statement trying to express what
is at the heart of your life as a future teacher. Consider the following
questions: Why do I want to become a teacher? What do I stand for as a student
teacher? What do I want my legacy as a teacher to be? What can I do to
keep track of myself, to “remember” my own heart? When did you first realize
that you wanted to be a teacher? What were the circumstances of this
realization? How close are you to those feelings today?
I love English.
That is why I want to became a teacher, I love to spend time with my
students, I love help people, I love be in front of a group of people who are
learning not only English, but also values. I like to be part of my students’
identity because I teach them the value of responsibility, honesty, sincerity,
loyal, and grateful. Every day I need to remember why I chose this major and
the most important thing I have to keep in mind is I teach who I am, I have to
involve all my senses and heart to demonstrate that I love what I do. I remember
that when I was a little girl, a person asked me: what would you like to be
when you grow up, and I remember that I did not think about being a teacher, I remember
that I said: I would like to be a secretary, through the years I realize that I
love working specially with children. When I had the opportunity to work with
them I enjoyed every moment with them. I remember when I began to teach, it was
an experience that crosses my life I learn from them and they learn from me. I still
remember my first students, they were from kinder. I think I am a teacher, even though I do not have a degree but I am a teacher and I
love to teach.
I concur. I do love teaching and specially children. I enjoyed my teaching practicum at a kindergarten too. Moreover, I think that most of us did not want to be teachers since we were children, but this wants may be the effect that one teacher have on us. Maybe he or she inspired us to become good teachers. Moreover, on page 2 of the book The Courage to Teach by Palmer, Parker J He says that teacher who really love their work look more deeply into the problems the face with in the classroom; they do not evade the problems, on the other hand they enter in the problems they can face with students. We do not turn the blind eye to the problems, we must look for solutions. Since it is what teachers who love their works do. Sometimes they do not well at school because they have problems at home, in the neighborhood, with boyfriends or girlfriends or even internal problems, and that’s why they cannot give their best at school. So we must look beyond the class. Something that I really like and caught my attention was this phrase “Teaching holds a mirror of the soul “, I loved it. I am sure that we cannot give what we do not have and what we show to other with our actions is what we have in our heart or souls. That’s why our teaching style or the way we develop the class show to students and other the kind of person we are even the more tiny detail bear a meaning that shows to other who we really are.
ResponderEliminar